ANL are not accepting Sydney on below two vessels;
- Northern Jaguar JGRT0405
- Maersk Surabaya BAYT0415
All other services currently still accepting Sydney booking, however, the space from South East Asia are currently booked out till week 45 (Week starting on 1st Nov).
Their NEA Service to West Coast, spaces are currently full till Mid-Oct and have a current system issue for bookings.
ONE LINE have stopped accepting bookings to SYD ex South East Asia (SEA service). This is the same service shared by MAERSK, H-SUD, ANL and Hapag. MSK and H_SUD has already announced to stop accepting any SYD bookings early this week.
These adds to the notification sent early this week, OOCL and COSCO stopping taking Australian bookings ex SEA.
Reduction of capacity ex South East Asia to Australia is now 50%
What does this means for you?
- This will greatly reduce the capacity on direct Laem Chabang, Singapore, Port Kelang, Jakarta to Australia (SYD, MEL, BNE, FRE & ADL).
- This will also impact transhipment schedules that stop Singapore/Port Kelang but come from other parts of the world to Australia via these services. (For example, ex India )
- Whale forecast rates increasing drastically out of these regions as capacity reduces by more than 50%
- Plan your stock and inventories accordingly. Allowing extra weeks for transit.
- Reach to your dedicated Whale Account Manager to provide you with different sailing options to reach your deadlines.
Whale Logistics team has a group of supply chain specialist looking for alternatives to assist you in trying to mitigate the impact of these changes as much as possible.
Knowledge means Whale Distinction.